Browse by Tag
BBQ
Educational
Free camping
Gold history
Gold prospecting
Swimming
Walking track
Search

Arnold's two bridges

  • 20180613 090600
  • 20180613 090625
  • 20180613 090629
  • 20180613 090622
  • 20180613 090611
Dunolly-Inglewood Road, Arnold VIC 3551

Features

  • Bridges built in 1968 to replace a single bridge which was burnt in a bushfire
  • Informative plaques
These two bridges crossing two separate creeks right next to each other sit on Dunolly-Inglewood Road in Arnold VIC. 

Informative plaques between the two bridges display the following text:

Shire of Bet Bet 

These two bridges completed with assistance of the C. R. B. in 1968 replace one destroyed by bushfire January, 1965, when seven bridges were burnt.

---

This plaque was unveiled to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the first bridge built at Kangderaar, 150m down stream, by David Arnold. The township as renamed Arnold's Bridge in 1891 and Arnold in 1920.

One of the plaques displays a map showing the following points of interest around the town of Arnold:

Station
Weighbridge
Store / Post office
Pennington reserve
Hall
School
St Mary's Church
Junction hotel
Recreation reserve
Original bridge
Halfway hotel
Cheese factory
Mining



 

Comments

No comments

Leave a comment

Follow us on Facebook