Browse by Tag
BBQ
Educational
Free camping
Gold history
Gold prospecting
Swimming
Walking track
Search

Carisbrook Cemetery

  • 20200112 161710
  • 20200112 161644
  • 20200112 161758
  • 20200112 162028
  • 20200112 161902
  • 20200112 162808
  • 20200112 162344
  • 20200112 162218
  • 20200112 162445
  • 20200112 163038
Corner of Landrigan Road and Williams Road, Carisbrook VIC 3464

Features

  • Established in 1858
  • Bench seating
  • Toilets
The Carisbrook Cemetery was established in 1858 to replace the nearby Bald Hill Cemetery (early 1850s), which had proved unsatisfactory. There was some overlap of usage between the two cemeteries. 

The cemetery is decorated with a collection of pretty trees and offers a quiet, peaceful setting surrounded by farmland. 

Bench seating and a toilet are provided.

A sign alongside the entrance gate displays the following text:

Cemetery
The first official cemetery was on Bald Hill but proved unsatisfactory. There was some overlap of the usage of the two cemeteries.

SEE ALSO



DID YOU KNOW...

  • Many cemeteries in the goldfields were established in the early-mid 19th century. Walking through the historic cemeteries of the area is like taking a walk through time.
 

Comments

No comments

Leave a comment

Follow us on Facebook